Arrive Paro from New Delhi / Kathmandu / Bagdogra & transfer to Thimphu 65 km 1hrs drive
- The most spectacular mountain flights you will ever experience in a life time.
- Flying in from the heat of the plains of India one can witness from the left side of the aircrafts window a series of the world’s highest peaks.
- Your pilot will announce the names of the peaks if the weather is clear.
- You will decend into the high mountains and as the plane lowers you will not find any airstrip or any city but instead you will enjoy the view of the approaching valley of Paro, the alpine forests, little monasteries, temples and farm houses.
- Before the plane touches the runaway you will get a glimpse of the fertile valley of Paro, the Paro Dzong and Paro chu(river).
- Our representative will be at the airport to assist you, meet and greet and transfer to the capital city Thimphu and rest of the day at leisure.
- O/n at Thimphu.
Thimphu – capital city
- When in Thimphu you got to prepare for surprises where this unique capital has no traffic lights but adopted its own version of the British – Indian colonial times traffic policemen who can startle you and memorize others with his elaborate hand gestures, sometimes he may be signaling stop when it looks like go but don’t worry you can observe the flow and notice his smile as you stare at him.
- Sightseeing includes the Folk Heritage Museum, National Library, Handicrafts Center to view the traditional arts, the indigenous Medicine Hospital, the Painting School and from the road point take a glimpse of Trashichho Dzong.
- Further drive uphill and visit Takin Zoo where you will find national animal of Bhutan.
- Afternoon visit National Memorial Chorten a stupa dedicated to the third king of Bhutan and Buddha statue.
- Evening take a walk to the main city from Clock tower square.
- O/n at Thimphu.
Thimphu – Punakha via Dochula pass 77 km 3 hours drive
- Morning drive to low lands of Punakha valley touching Dochula pass 10,000 ft and on the stop at Hongtsho village.
- Stop at the immigration check point to stamp in your permit.
- Next to the check point you will find small local stalls selling fresh juicy local apples available for sale in plastic bags you could try some.
- You will be driving through the first mountain pass in the western part of Bhutan.
- You will find the 108 Druk Wangyal chortens on the top of the pass where the ridges are draped in colorful prayer flags greet you.
- You could take three rounds and offer prayers, take some best photo shots.
- If the weather is clear you will be able to see the highest peaks towards the north,Gangar Punsum among others is the highest unclimbed peak (24,000 ft) in the world.
- Proceed down towards Punakha through Thinleygang village and upon reaching Lobesa turn left and drive down further.
- Stop and take a short walk through the villages to Chimmi Lhakhang – The divine madman also known, as Drukpa Kinley is a famous teacher with whom the phallic symbol is associated.
- Tales told by your guide would have excited you to visit Chimmi Lhakhang.
- Do not miss the master’s deeds painted on the walls.
- Japanese and several American couples visited this temple and were blessed miraculously with children.
- Afternoon visit majestic Punakha Dzong placed strategically at the junction of the Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers, the dzong was built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to serve as the religious and administrative seat of the region.
- It was here that the dual system of government was introduced in the 17th century and in 1907, enthroned the first King Gongsar Ugyen Wangchuk.
- Evening at leisure.
- O/n at Punakha
Punakha – Wangdi 15 km 30 min drive.
- Morning drive to Wangdiphodrang via Lobesa.
- The Dzong strategically located on a ridge 4,430 ft that overlooks the highway that fork to the east and south of the country.
- On the way to dzong the old town existed here with narrow street with single storied shops now present town shifted to Bajo.
- The road further is the gateway to central and eastern Bhutan.
- The legend Mahakala, the protective deity of Bhutan appeared to tell Shabdrung of prediction, saying “at top of rocky spur where two rivers meet, at the place where a flock of raven will fly off in four directions, you will build the Dzong”.
- The Shabdrung built the Wangdi dzong in 1638 and Punakha/Wangdue valleys are also the winter home for many of the high altitude farmers who migrate with their cattle to the warm climate.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- O/n at Punakha.
Punakha – Thimphu
- Morning drive to Thimphu via same road and stop at Lamperi.
- Visit the Royal Botanical Park for 30 minutes.
- If you are lucky you could see red pandas, different species of birds, you can take some photo shot close to the natural lake.
- You could watch a short documentary about the park.
- Proceed to Thimphu and check in the hotel.
- Afternoon visit the city for shopping or leisure.
- O/n at Thimphu.
- Morning transfer to Paro International Airport for your next destination
- Meet and greet service at airport.
- Accommodation in above mentioned hotels.
- All sightseeing by 01 Private AC Vehicle at all the islands.
- Full day tour with all transfers including airport pickup and drop.
- All ferry tickets and permit charges.
- Breakfast at respective hotels.
- Vehicle not at disposal at any of the islands.
- Other meals not mentioned laundry, telephone calls, and incidentals.
- Any personal expenses, Room service and special orders.
- Any Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are not included.
- Entry Tickets and Camera Tickets are NOT INCLUDED in the mentioned cost of Sightseeing & Transfers.
- Any extra excursion or sightseeing apart from suggested tour itinerary.
- Lunch and Dinner not included.
- If cancellations are made 30 – 45 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 15 – 30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0 – 15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- All water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Wings Tourism reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer anytime at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Rooms are subject to availability. In case the rooms are not available then similar category rooms in similar hotels will be provided.
- Flight tickets are subject to availability. In case the tickets are not available for the quoted amount then other alternative dates will be recommended.
- Night 1 :
- Night 2 :
- Night 3 :
- Night 4 :
- Night 5 :